If you or someone you love faces DUI charges, contact the Peoria DUI attorneys at Stewart Law Group. We have the experience in DUI and aggravated DUI defense to give your case, and your future, the best shot. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Every year, thousands of traffic stops result in DUIs. In the state of Arizona in 2013, there were over 14,000 DUI arrests made in just six months. Getting a DUI can mean losing a license, and huge fines, loss of work, even jail time. DUI charges range from those who are barely over the legal blood alcohol content limit to those who are extremely intoxicated and obviously driving impaired. In any case, people arrested for DUI should seek legal counsel in Arizona.
If you or a loved one faces DUI charges in Arizona, do not wait to hire legal help. A great defense can make a big difference. Scott David Stewart of Stewart Law Group provides a well-formulated defense. Contact the firm today, to begin with a free consultation.
Why You Should Choose Stewart Law Group
David Stewart of Stewart Law Group has many years of experience in DUI criminal defense law. He started his career as a prosecutor, and therefore can often accurately anticipate the move of the prosecution in a DUI case. He has tried cases from small misdemeanors to high-profile felonies in the state of Arizona. Here are a few reasons clients trust our firm.
- The Peoria criminal defense attorneys at Stewart Law Group both started as prosecutors and have a unique and powerful perspective as defense attorneys.
- Our firm has served thousands of clients in Arizona, with consistently excellent reviews.
- The firm has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Our attorneys give every case compassionate, one-on-one attention.
Types of DUI Charges
Different types of DUI charge range widely in severity.
- Impaired to the slightest degree DUI charges are the least severe and often happen to people who are not feeling drunk when they attempt to drive but are over the legal limit. These cases allow for a clear path of defense. The courts sometimes drop charges.
- Misdemeanor DUI is the standard DUI charge. It applies to people who are impaired more than the slightest degree, but not as much as a severe DUI charge.
- Aggravated felony DUI charges are for individuals charged with a DUI after already having a DUI in recent months or who are driving on suspended licenses. These charges are serious and often result in jail time. If you are accused of an aggravated DUI, contact aggravated DUI attorneys in Peoria right away to help you build a defense.
- Extreme DUI charges occur when an individual has a blood alcohol level of more than 0.15%. This is essentially double the legal limit, which is 0.08%.
- Super extreme DUI charges are for those who have a blood alcohol content of more than 0.20% when pulled over. This is more than twice the legal limit, and the driver is usually extremely impaired. This is one of the most serious DUI charges.
Driving under the influence of drugs also can result in serious charges. This includes legal substances, such as prescription painkillers, but also illegal substances like methamphetamines and recreational marijuana.
Arizona’s Implied Consent Law
If arrested for a DUI, Arizona’s implied consent law requires that you take a Breathalyzer, urine test, or blood test to determine blood alcohol content (BAC). Refusing to do so results in an automatic loss off license for a year.